Establishment of Science Research Center
On July 23,2010 the National University of HCMC announced to set up John Von Neumann Excellence Center (JVN). This is the first Excellence Center in Vietnam to serve educational cooperation for Master and Doctoral Programs in Science study and research.
JVN is given to conduct all activities and cooperation’s between the University of Science HCMC and worldwide famous Institutes and Universities.
The 1st remarkable cooperation was to process a completely educational exchange with the Paris Institute of Technology (4th Rewarded Institute & University ranked by French) . The program concentrates on trainning of IT & Communications, which is programmed and conducted by Scientists and Experts from USA , France and Switzerland. The applicants will study academic programs in English within 02 years. The academic admission is just limited for only 40 graduates. After graduation, they shall be given with 02 degrees : one degree issued by University of Science HCMC and another one issued by Paris Institute of Technology.
Moreover, the Center has a Master program of Quantitative Finance Calculation, and undertakes projects of research for financial & funding Investors and bankers to develop human resources .
The JVN will become the most creative Center for all overseas Vietnamese scientists to devote their contributions.
According to Prof. Duong Nguyen Vu’s statement, the Center shall console local enterprises’ resources to carry out practical application researches for social and human lives . This consolidation ensures JVN of gaining financial supports for all projects’ output and results.
- The 8th Scientific Conference 2012 at HCMC University of Science (11/16/2012)
- Dr. Tran Minh Triet is awarded as a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) for 4/1/2012–4/1/2013. (05/03/2012)
- Natural products chemist Ngo Le-Van returned home to fulfill his chemical dream. By Stephen K. Ritter (09/16/2011)
- Research to develop English Pictorial Dictionary software (07/01/2011)
- German-Vietnamese experiment education on Physics and Chemistry (03/03/2011)